Ingrid Bal is trained as a Postpartum Doula through the international network Postnatal Support Network, the sacred pregnancy platform and several international trainings and courses. As she is an experienced teacher, she was credited in 2017 to teach Postnatal trainings via de Network. The roots of our knowledge lie in the tradition of Kundalini Yoga and Ayurveda. In these teachings, it is customary to voluntarily nurse the mother for 40 days. However, we are reintroducing a principle which has similar care in many other traditions and include global wisdom and techniques in our training.
The training includes the following areas of knowledge:
– Why and how of Postnatal care
– Physical and emotional needs: hormonal change, why rest and encouragement and needs of father and other children.
– Postnatal nutrition: what foods provide physical and energetic support for maternal healing, breastfeeding support
– Other Postnatal support: such as abdominal closure, postnatal rituals, massage etc
– The role of the maternity doula: communication skills, building your own support network, walk the talk, contracts and fees, the politics of postpartum.